We have created this checklist for your convenience, but it does not exempt you from agreeing to and reading our Rules & Regulations on your respective application page.
Please assign ONE person as the MAIN contact. The alternate contact is ONLY for emergency purposes.
- Fill out an application on your respective application page?
- Pay your Farmers’ Market fee through PayPal, or have you giving us your credit card to put on file?
PREPARED AND PRE-PACKAGED FOOD VENDORS ONLY
- Email us a copy of your Insurance Certificate adding Cornucopia Malibu Farmers Market 23519 Civic Center Way Malibu, CA 90265 as an additional insuree. We do not provide insurance to our vendors. If you need assistance obtaining insurance you may contact ACT Insurance company. Website: https://www.actinsurance.com Phone: 888-568-0548; email: INFO@ACTINSURANCE.COM
- After it is obtained, email insurance to email@example.com
- Do not mail or fax us a copy of your insurance. Do not hand a copy of your insurance in at the market. We only accept insurance certificates through email. We do not accept insurance certificates in any other format.
- You are required to wear a Chefs Apron/Jacket and a hat.
- You can purchase the apron/jacket from Dickies: http://www.dickies.com/home
- There is no specific hat, but you are required to wear one at all times.
- If you are selling perishables, we suggest you use insulated bags that cost $1. You can purchase them at http://www.hotcoldbags.com
- You need to email us a copy of your Temporary Event Permit from the Health Department. To obtain a TEP, contact Mohammad Rahman or Kyong Lee at the Board of Health. Number: 818-593-7300; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com and send permit to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do not mail or fax us a copy of your permit. Do not hand a copy of your permit in at the market. We only accept permits through email. We do not accept permits in any other format.
MARKET MAIN CHECK OFF LIST
- You need to obtain Producer certificate from LA agricultural department and email to email@example.com.
- Do not mail or fax us a copy of your producer certificate. Do not hand a copy of your certificate in at the market. We only accept certificates through email. We do not accept certificates in any other format.
IMPORTANT FOR FIRST TIMERS
- White tents
- Tents can be purchased at Costco: http://www.costco.com or California palms: http://www.califpalms.com
- All Tents must have weights
- The weights will be ordered for the vendor by the Malibu Farmers' Market
- The weights will be delivered to you on the day of the market; please be prepared to pay $100 for the weights.
- One white wall (backdrop)
- Banners, all banners must be 2 ft. x 10 ft. If you have one tent. For two tents 2ft x 20, and for three tents 3ft by 30ft. We recommend Got Print for quality banners: http://www.gotprint.com/home.html
- Hunter green polyester tablecloths (90 x 156 inches- table legs must be covered) (found here ) or we also suggest Jo-Ann Fabrics.
- Arrive no later than 8:15 am
- Go to the purple tent to sign in;
- The Farmers Market assistant will be there to direct you to your placement.