• Only access and leave site via designated area.
• Do not collect plants, animals or their remains.
• Do not harm or harass wildlife.
• Do not walk in areas where water is present.
• Do not walk in flagged or fenced-off areas.
• Wear suitable footwear. (NO OPEN-TOED SHOES OR SANDALS)
• No pets.
• Use only designated facilities.
• No smoking.
• No bicycles or off-road vehicles.
• Step on top of logs and rocks, never over them.
• If someone is injured, stay calm and remain with them until help arrives.
This area provides habitat for many wildlife species.
Many of which are threatened, endangered, or otherwise sensitive.
It is important to remember while working in the riverbed
that there is a possibility of encountering wildlife.
Some of these encounters can be quite unexpected
and startling not only to you but to the animal.
IF YOU SHOULD ENCOUNTER WILDLIFE:
• Use common sense.
• Do not pursue animal.
• Do not approach animal.
• Do not harass animal.
• Do not feed animal.
• Do not harm animal.
• If found under a board or piece of trash, do not drop it back on animal.
IF YOU SHOULD ENCOUNTER A RATTLESNAKE:
• Stay calm.
• Stop walking.
• Determine snakes location.
• Slowly move away and give it room to also move away.
• If bitten, STAY CALM, try not to move and call for help.